You have got to check yourself -
- Make sure you have done your homework and read up on the company you are trying to work for.
- Ensure you are properly dressed for the big interview and don't be wearing all that super trendy attire. You want to look the part; not the part that everyone is looking at.
- Mark out your route to the interview just to make sure you aren't late and know exactly where to park. If you're late, you may be out of a job.
- Be sure that the cell phone is locked off and stowed in its proper position. Actually, best left in the car.
- Leave your friends and family at home. This is your opportunity to stand on your own - no one is going to hold your hand every day at work. You have to do this one by yourself.
- Use a breath mint, not gum.
- Get busy preparing your responses to the tough questions...
- What did you like least about your last job and why?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with your boss and why?
It's not so much luck that plays a piece of getting you employed, but there is something to be said for karma. What you put out into the universe you are certainly going to get that back. Think positive! Think persuasive! Think peace!